Friday, September 25, 2009

Indoctrinating the Next Generation

Eze 14:3 "Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?" Is our next generation being indoctrinated? "We are all equal in his sight"! The word 'his' is not capitalized. Can we can sing a song of adoration to Obama but not to Jesus? Are we are being carried away by our idols and we have not enquired at all of the one true God!?

2 comments:

  1. When this video was shown in class I was shocked. Yes, I thought it was nice that they would honor him. Though I wouldn't want them singing about him, it just felt eerie and creepy to me. Indoctrination? I'm not exactly sure, I feel like maybe the teacher should have thought about the assignment more before getting the children to participate. But I feel like using the battle hymn republic was okay. Alot of people use tunes to different songs to create other things. Though when they took the line from JESUS loves me, it was quite appalling. Things would be easier if everyone just realized he's a human being who just happened to break a barrier, he's not a savior. Just a man trying to complete his job description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i first saw the video it was kinda creepy. why should they make kids sing songs about our president? obama hasn't even accomplished anything great...

    ReplyDelete