Thursday, February 5, 2009

What is emerging from THE SHACK??




My wife was reading The Shack when she suddenly put it down and said, "I can't read anymore of this.the author portrays God as a woman swinging her hips to funky music." I began to investigate some on my own and discovered that Young portrays God as three separate human beings instead of three distinct persons with one divine nature. God was never human nor was the Holy Spirit ever human. Only Jesus took on humanity but he did it without ever putting aside his divinity.The Shack seems very much like Emergent Church stuff. A desperate attempt to connect with the current, secular culture and if necessary, sacrifice the proven doctrines of Christianity along the way.p. 119 - "I am not who you think I am, Mackenzie. I don't need to punish people for sin. Sin is its own punishment, devouring you from the inside.Ezekiel 18:2 "the soul that sins shall die." Romans 12:19 "the wages of sin is death."God's justice will demand that he punish unconfessed sin. I haven't read the entire book yet...but what I have read is troubling? Can anyone help me with this??See Norman Geisler's review of The Shack. www.normgeisler.com

1 comment:

  1. I attempted to post a discussion on this book last night, but your blog-page would not allow the amount of characters in my answer. I emailed my response to the church web address instead. I hope you receive it.-Kara

    ReplyDelete