Thursday, February 5, 2009

Its More Than a Fashion Statement!!



The Cross -- It is a symbol of a pure Christ in humble submission to the Father presenting himself for the most horrendous torture and suffering one could ever imagine as payment for the penalty of sin we all deserve. It is a symbol that deserves reverence and respect. I love to see the cross and I'm stirred with wonder everytime I see it.It adorns ears, it is hung around necks and it is tattooed on brawny arms.But more and more I'm seeing the cross in places I'd rather not.Has the cross lost its true meaning in our society? Instead of a symbol of God's everlasting love for fallen man it seems to have become nothing more than a fashion statement for many.Today I saw the cross of Christ hanging around the neck of Madonna while she presented a provocative pose for her album "Hard Candy" and I felt like I was seeing the cross in a place it shouldn't be." I love that old cross where the dearest and best For a world of lost sinners was slain."

No comments:

Post a Comment