Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Obama Worship


Obama Worship

I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime. The veneration, the awe, the worshipful adoration of Barack Obama is mysterious to me. Chris Mathews simultaneously expresses his fear of what the Obama policies are going to do to our economy and then expresses in gushy words how inspired he is every time he hears his voice! The thrill is still running up his leg.Why do they worship the man who is dismantling the free enterprize system, firing CEO's of private industry, softening our stance against terrorists and offering cover for a corrupt ACORN. It just makes my head want to explode!!
Newsweek's editor Evan Thomas deified Obama, "Reagan was all about America". "Obama is 'we're above that now'. We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial." ""I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."Should the cult of Obama amuse us or terrify us? Masses are responding to the rhetoric of a man who has no track record whatsoever. Is it mass hypnosis? Some speak of "coming to Obama". It sounds like an echo of the evangelical call I've heard in the church since childhood, "coming to Jesus."
Recently on messianic tour in France, the Obama's visited La Fontaine de Mars where they were served food fit for a king (god). Owner Jacques Boudon said of Ms. Obama, “I saw God before me because I saw this smile that a million people have seen around the world."
I know the masses are eagor to bow down and worship...but I don't know that Obama thinks of himself as a god. If he doesn't think he is divine then the near worship of his cultish followers should make him feel very, very uncomfortable. I don't know of one Christian who would stand by and say nothing if others were trying to elevate them to some pedestal of deity. The attitude of all Christians is that "He must increase and I must decrease".
President Obama, if this cultish worship makes you feel uncomfortable, please speak out against it and give honor to your Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment