Friday, September 10, 2010

Maxine's Solution

Leave it to Maxine to come up with a solution for the mess that America is now in economically.





I bought a bird feeder. I hung

It on my back porch and filled

It with seed. What a beauty of

A bird feeder it was, as I filled it







lovingly with seed. Within a

Week we had hundreds of birds

Taking advantage of the

Continuous flow of free and

Easily accessible food.



But then the birds started

Building nests in the boards

Of the patio, above the table,

And next to the barbecue.



Then came the poop. It was

Everywhere: on the patio tile,

The chairs, the table ...

Everywhere!



Then some of the birds

Turned mean. They would

Dive bomb me and try to

Peck me even though I had

Fed them out of my own

Pocket.



And others birds were

Boisterous and loud. They

Sat on the feeder and

Squawked and screamed at

All hours of the day and night

And demanded that I fill it

When it got low on food.



After a while, I couldn't even

Sit on my own back porch

Anymore. So I took down the

Bird feeder and in three days

The birds were gone. I cleaned

Up their mess and took down

The many nests they had built

All over the patio.



Soon, the back yard was like

It used to be .... Quiet, serene....

And no one demanding their

Rights to a free meal.



Now let's see.

Our government gives out

Free food, subsidized housing,

Free medical care and free

Education, and allows anyone

Born here to be an automatic

Citizen.



Then the illegal's came by the

Tens of thousands. Suddenly

Our taxes went up to pay for

Free services; small apartments

Are housing 5 families; you

Have to wait 6 hours to be seen

By an emergency room doctor;

Your child's second grade class is

Behind other schools because

Over half the class doesn't speak

English.



Corn Flakes now come in a

Bilingual box; I have to

'press one ' to hear my bank

Talk to me in English, and

People waving flags other

Than 'Old Glory' are

Squawking and screaming

In the streets, demanding

More rights and free liberties.



Just my opinion, but maybe

it's time for the government

To take down the bird feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment