Sunday, July 29, 2012
Politics in the Olympic Opening Ceremonies
Putting the politics aside, the opening ceremony of the London Olympics was a phenomenal production. If we don't put the politics aside then we must admit it was quite a plug for the liberal, even socialist agenda. Consider:
1. the glorification of the proletariat - the working lower class
2. the prolonged 'hospital bed' scene celebrating Britain's nationalized health service (NHS)
3. A quick insertion of Britain's first broadcast of a lesbian kiss from a 1993 soap opera, Brookside.
4. The formation dancers made of the symbol for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.
5. The drama presentation of the struggle of the trade union movements.
The deceptive message was that socialism is alive and well and is a smashing success. We aren't fooled. Social liberalism is founded upon a faulty philosophical construct. It has never been successful in any society at any point of history and it never will.
But......I thought Mr. Bean was great!!!
Kevin Probst - Teaches History, Government and Apologetics at the high school level in Columbus Georgia.